Recipe: Sourdough Orange Carrot Cookies
- 1 cup Wild Culture Sourdough Starter
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 ½ cups grated raw carrots
- 2 cups flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup chopped pecans (or walnuts if prefer)
- ½ cup raisins
- Cream butter, sugar, and eggs.
- Stir in vanilla, carrots and starter until well mixed.
- Blend the dry ingredients in a separate bowl ten add to the carrot mix and blend well.
- Drop from a spoon on a baking stone (or greased cookie sheet).
- Bake 350 F. degrees for about 12 minutes or until just barely browned.
- Remove and frost while still a little warm.
Orange Frosting for Carrot Cookies:
Blend together until smooth: 1 cup of powdered sugar, the juice of ½ orange, the grated rind of 1 orange, 1 tsp. soft butter and a pinch of salt.
Servings: 24 cookies