Recipe: Sourdough Blueberry Pancakes
- 1/2 cup active Wild Culture sourdough starter, at room temperature
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups warm buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup salad oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Combine both flours with wild culture sourdough starter, and buttermilk. Beat well, until blended.
- Cover and let stand at room temperature for approximately 45 minutes (or refrigerate overnight).
- Beat together eggs, milk, and oil.
- Add wet ingredients to flour mixture and stir until blended.
- Combine sugar, baking soda, and salt. Stir into batter, and then let rest for about 5 minutes.
- Gently fold blueberries into batter.
- Drop batter by spoonfuls onto a hot greased griddle or cast iron skillet.
- Cook pancakes until tops are bubbly and appear dry. Turn and cook until other sides are browned.
- Serve hot with fresh butter and maple syrup (or dust with confectioner’s sugar).
Servings: 12 4-inch pancakes